Happy tears. Tears of unspeakable joy. These are moments that I want to capture, remember, relish, treasure. For time is fleeting, but holy moments are still evident and present. That I may treasure them in my heart, and give the gift of memories to you. Joshua, Jenna, and Becca, know how much I love you, today and for always.







Thursday, August 25, 2011

You're still my baby



Dear Jenna,

Last night, when I prayed for you before bedtime, I was overcome with overwhelming emotions. As I stroked your hair and face, and prayed the prayer I always pray over you every single day, I realized what a big girl you are now. You are no longer the baby in the family. You are now a big sister with Becca's arrival. But as I knelt by your bed, and my forehead touched yours as I prayed for you, this holy moment will forever be etched in my mind and memory as your little arms reached around my neck and you hugged me and attempted to repeat the words of scripture that I was praying over you. My tears flowed, and I want to remember this moment when I realized that you will ALWAYS be my baby. No matter what.

Jenna, you are such a blessing to me. I love your energy, your spirit, your joy. I wish I could be more like you...just loving life and loving everyone unconditionally. I love your cheeky grin when you know you've done something wrong. But with an innocence that I can't fault you with. You have brought so much joy into my life, and I love you with all my heart.

I feel so bad right now that I'm not spending a lot of time with you. Becca is only 6 days old. But I promise that when I'm physically able to, we are going to spend some quality girl time together.

God brought you into my life for so many reasons, but none other than to show me the inseparable bond between a mother and daughter. All my life, I've longed for a close relationship with my own mother. While I do not have that, I feel that God has given you to me to right what was missing in my life. I promise you that I will be there for you no matter what. I will be by your side during the significant moments and events in your life. I am here for you, anytime, whenever you need me.

I love you, baby girl! Forever and always you will always be my baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment