Happy tears. Tears of unspeakable joy. These are moments that I want to capture, remember, relish, treasure. For time is fleeting, but holy moments are still evident and present. That I may treasure them in my heart, and give the gift of memories to you. Joshua, Jenna, and Becca, know how much I love you, today and for always.







Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!


Dear Josh & Jenna,

This is the first day of the new year - 1/1/11. And I am filled with gratitude for the both of you. I can't believe the year has flown by, and it was only last year that we were all in Australia for Christmas and the new year. Even though 2010 was a rough year for our family, in terms of all the transitions, you both did a splendid job adapting and excepting everything that came our way. Your resilence and "joy through the midst" were strengths that encouraged me and taught me child-like faith. Thank you for being my teachers through this season.

Joshua, I am so proud of you, and you capped this year off perfectly by professing your love for Jesus. I will always remember the few days before Christmas when you said to me, "You know what, Mommy? I love Jesus! And you know what else? Jesus is in my heart!".

Words cannot express how I felt after hearing those words. So, my tears did. Happy, joyous, grateful, Hallelujah tears!!

I pray that you will come to know the true meaning of your words, Joshua. That you will know Jesus in a personal and powerful way. That indeed, you will experience Him in your life, and that He will be your very best friend.

We have so much to learn together, about our great God, who loves us and gave Himself for us. Will you be my teacher? To remind me to have a child-like faith? To always be aware that God is with me and for me?

I love you, Joshua! And I'm so glad that you know that Jesus loves you and is in your heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment